These Instructor Terms were last updated January 15, 2020
As an instructor on Al-Kahfi, you are contracting directly with Yibbia Media (a Malaysian registered company).
1. Instructor Obligations
As an instructor, you are responsible for all content that you post, including lectures, quizzes, coding exercises, practise tests, assignments, resources, answers, course landing page content, and announcements (“Submitted Content“).
You represent and warrant that:
- you will provide and maintain accurate account information;
- you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, permissions, and authority to authorize Al-Kahfi to use your Submitted Content as specified in these Terms and the Terms and Conditions;
- your Submitted Content will not infringe or misappropriate any third party’s intellectual property rights;
- you have the required qualifications, credentials, and expertise (including education, training, knowledge, and skill sets) to teach and offer the services that you offer through your Submitted Content and use of the Services; and
- you will respond promptly to students and ensure a quality of service that corresponds with the standards of your industry and instruction services in general.
You warrant that you will not:
- post or provide any inappropriate, offensive, racist, hateful, sexist, pornographic, false, misleading, incorrect, infringing, defamatory or libellous content or information;
- post or transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, or any other form of solicitation (commercial or otherwise) through the Services or to any user;
- use the Services for business other than providing tutoring, teaching, and instructional services to students;
- engage in any activity that would require us to obtain licenses from or pay royalties to any third party, including the need to pay royalties for the public performance of a musical work or sound recording;
- frame or embed the Services (such as to embed a free version of a course) or otherwise circumvent the Services;
- impersonate another person or gain unauthorized access to another person’s account;
- interfere with or otherwise prevent other Instructors from providing their services or courses;
- or abuse Al-Kahfi resources, including support services.
2. License to Al-Kahfi
You grant Al-Kahfi the rights detailed in the Terms and Conditions to offer, market, and otherwise exploit your Submitted Content, and to sublicense it to students for these purposes directly or through third parties. This includes the right to add captions or otherwise modify content to ensure accessibility.
We may record all or any part of your Submitted Content for quality control and for delivering, marketing, promoting, demonstrating, or operating the Services. You grant Al-Kahfi permission to use your name, likeness, voice, and image in connection with the offering, delivering, marketing, promoting, demonstrating, and selling the Services, your Submitted Content, or Al-Kahfi’s content, and you waive any rights of privacy, publicity, or other rights of a similar nature, to the extent permissible under applicable law.
3. Trust & Safety
3.1 Trust & Safety Policies
You agree to abide by Al-Kahfi ‘s course quality standards or policies prescribed by Al-Kahfi from time to time. You should check these policies periodically to ensure that you comply with any updates to them. You understand that your use of the Services is subject to Al-Kahfi’s approval, which we may grant or deny at our sole discretion.
We reserve the right to remove courses, suspend payouts, and/or ban instructors for any reason at any time, without prior notice, including in cases where:
- a course falls below our quality standards or has a negative impact on the student experience;
- an instructor engages in behaviour that might reflect unfavourably on Al-Kahfi or bring Al-Kahfi into public disrepute, contempt, scandal, or ridicule;
- an instructor engages the services of a marketer or other business partner who violates Al-Kahfi’s policies;
- or as determined by Al-Kahfi in its sole discretion.
3.2 Co-Instructors and Teaching Assistants
Al-Kahfi platform allows you to add other users as co-instructors or teaching assistants for courses that you manage. By adding a co-instructor or teaching assistant, you understand that you are authorizing them to take certain actions that affect your Al-Kahfi account and courses. Al-Kahfi is not able to advise on any questions or mediate any disputes between you and such users.
3.3 Relationship to Other Users
Instructors don’t have a direct contractual relationship with students, so the only information you’ll receive about students is what is provided to you through the Services. You agree that you will not use the data you receive for any purpose other than providing your services to those students on the Al-Kahfi platform and that you won’t solicit additional personal data or store students’ personal data outside the Al-Kahfi platform. You will indemnify Al-Kahfi against any claims arising from your use of students’ personal data.
3.4 Anti-Piracy Efforts
We partner with anti-piracy vendors to help protect your courses from unauthorized use. To enable this protection, you hereby appoint Al-Kahfi and our anti-piracy vendors as your agents for the purpose of enforcing copyrights for each of your courses, through notice and takedown processes (under applicable copyright laws like the Digital Millennium Copyright Act) and for other efforts to enforce those rights. You grant Al-Kahfi and our anti-piracy vendors primary authority to file notices on your behalf to enforce your copyright interests.
You agree that Al-Kahfi and our anti-piracy vendors will retain the above rights unless you revoke them by sending an email to [email protected] with the subject line: “Revoke Anti-Piracy Protection Rights” from the email address associated with your account. Any revocation of rights will be effective 48 hours after we receive it.
4.1 Price Setting
When creating a course, you will be prompted to select a regular price (“Regular Price“) for your course. Alternatively, you may choose to offer your course at Sale or for Free.
When a student purchases using a foreign currency, we will convert the relevant Regular Price into the student’s applicable currency using a system-wide foreign currency conversion rate set by Al-Kahfi and those conversion rates may not be identical to the applicable market rate in effect when a transaction is processed. We reserve the right to update the currency conversion rate at any time.
You give us permission to share your courses for free with our employees (for course reviewing purpose) and in cases where we need to restore access accounts who have previously purchased your courses. You understand that you will not receive compensation in these cases.
4.2 Transaction Taxes
If a student purchases a product or service in a country that requires Al-Kahfi to remit national, state, or local sales or use taxes, value-added taxes (VAT), or other similar transaction taxes (“Transaction Taxes“), under applicable law, we will collect and remit those Transaction Taxes to the competent tax authorities for those sales. We may increase the sale price at our discretion where we determine that such taxes may be due.
4.3 Promotional Programs
Al-Kahfi will offer several optional marketing programs (Promotional Programs) in which you can choose to participate, in time. These programs might help increase your revenue potential on Al-Kahfi by finding the optimal price point for your courses and promoting them through additional marketing channels. You can choose to opt-in or out of the programs.
5.1 Revenue Share
When a student purchases your course, we calculate the gross amount of the sale as the amount actually received by Al-Kahfi from the student (“Gross Amount“). From this, we subtract any Transaction Taxes.
If you have not opted into any of Al-Kahfi’s optional Promotional Programs, your revenue share will be 60% of the Net Amount less any applicable deductions, such as student refunds. If we change this payment rate, we will provide you with 30 days notice using prominent means, such as via email or by posting a notice through our Services.
Al-Kahfi makes all instructor payments in Malaysian Ringgit (MYR) regardless of the currency with which the sale was made. We will assume transaction processing fees, excluding foreign currency conversion fees and wiring fees. Your revenue report will show the sales price (in local currency).
5.2 Receiving Payments
For us to pay you in a timely manner, you must own a PayPal account and provide us with the bank account number from banks that have online transfer capability and are in good standing. You must keep us informed of the correct email and handphone number associated with your account. You must also provide any identifying information or tax documentation (if necessary) for payment of amounts due, and you agree that we have the right to withhold appropriate taxes from your payments. We reserve the right to withhold payments or impose other penalties if we do not receive proper identifying information or tax documentation from you, if applicable. You understand and agree that you are ultimately responsible for any taxes on your income.
Depending on the applicable revenue share model, payment will be made within 10 days in which we receive the fee for a course.
We reserve the right not to pay out funds in the event of identified fraud, violations of intellectual property rights, or other violations of the law.
If we cannot settle funds into your payment account after the period of time set forth by your state, country, or other government authority in its unclaimed property laws, we may process the funds due to you in accordance with our legal obligations, including by submitting those funds to the appropriate government authority as required by law.
You acknowledge and agree that students have the right to receive a refund, as detailed in the Terms and Conditions Instructors will not receive any revenue from transactions for which a refund has been granted under the Terms and Conditions.
While you are a published instructor and subject to the requirements below, you may use our trademarks where we authorize you to do so.
- only use the images of our trademarks that we make available to you, as detailed in any guidelines we may publish);
- only use our trademarks in connection with the promotion and sale of your Al-Kahfi courses or your participation on Al-Kahfi;
- and immediately comply if we request that you discontinue use.
You must not:
- use our trademarks in a misleading or disparaging way;
- use our trademarks in a way that implies that we endorse, sponsor, or approve of your courses or services;
- or use our trademarks in a way that violates applicable law or in connection with an obscene, indecent, or unlawful topic or material.
7. Deleting Your Account
You can contact [email protected] to delete your account. We’ll use commercially reasonable efforts to make any remaining scheduled payments that are owed to you before deleting your account. You understand that if students have previously enrolled in your courses, your name and that Submitted Content will remain accessible to those students after your account is deleted. If you need help or encounter difficulty deleting your account, you can contact us via our [email protected]
8. Miscellaneous Legal Terms
8.1 Updating These Terms
From time to time, we may update these Terms to clarify our practices or to reflect new or different practices (such as when we add new features), and Al-Kahfi reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify and/or make changes to these Terms at any time. If we make any material change, we will notify you using prominent means such as by email notice sent to the email address specified in your account or by posting a notice through our Services. Modifications will become effective on the day they are posted unless stated otherwise.
Your continued use of our Services after changes become effective shall mean that you accept those changes. Any revised Terms shall supersede all previous Terms.
Any version of these Terms in a language other than English is provided for convenience and you understand and agree that the English language will control if there is any conflict.
8.3 Relationship Between Us
You and we agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, contractor, or agency relationship exists between us.
The following sections shall survive the expiration or termination of these Terms: Sections 2 (License to Al-Kahfi), 3.3 (Relationship to Other Users), 5.2 (Receiving Payments), 5.3 (Refunds), 7 (Deleting Your Account), and 8 (Miscellaneous Legal Terms).
9. How to Contact Us
The best way to get in touch with us is to contact [email protected]. We’d love to hear your questions, concerns, and feedback about our Services.